About the Role
The Senior Silicon Analogue Design Engineer is a senior position at Spirit Semiconductor. This position is expected to take a design lead role for Spirit’s RFIC products for 5G basestation applications. The role requires close teamwork with the rest of the Silicon design team to ensure alignment of analogue design activity with the business needs. This position reports to the RFIC Design Lead and is located at 1210 Arlington Business Park, Theale, RG7 4TY. Occasional travel may be required.
This position has responsibility for:
- Working as lead analogue design engineer on silicon RFIC development projects. Working with the verification team to define and execute complex RF measurements using state of the art test equipment.
- Primarily responsible for product specification compliance whilst ensuring that product development methodologies are met, the design tasks are defined, resourced and scheduled from initial specification through design validation on the bench. Designing and testing customer evaluation boards.
- Provide technical expertise and mentor junior team members
- Document own work and participate in design reviews
- Identification and extraction of IP from design activity that is suitable for patenting.
- Working with external contract design when necessary to define and review tasks.
You should be capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and have a strong team ethic. You should have the following educational background and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 8+ years of years of experience working in the semiconductor industry.
- Experience designing silicon RFIC products using silicon bulk and SOI technology.
- Experience designing blocks such as positive voltage generator including bandgap and LDO, negative voltage generator including charge pump, amplifier bias circuit, voltage and temperature sensor, power limiter, Opamps, POR (Power-On-Reset), Analog DFT (Design for Test), ESD and IO, simple digital
- Work closely with layout resources, experience laying out analogue blocks is of advantage
- Proven commercial experience through high volume manufacture of designs
The following traits and skills are highly valued:
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate maturity, integrity, high energy, and team spirit
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Understand principles of all semiconductor technologies and their specific relationship to RFIC products
- Good documentation skills.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Performance Bonus Scheme
- Private Family Medical Cover
- Private Dental Cover
- Equity Scheme
- Flexible working